Poetry and Literary Sites Up to top
- Expansive Poetry and Music Online
The flagship webpage for the "Expansive Poetry" (or neoformalist) movement. A treasureload especially of essays
and reviews, with references to poetry journals and presses.
An extremely impressive new e-zine with a raftload of fine poetry in traditional meters.
- Dana Gioia
A well-known formalist poet and critic, author of "Can Poetry Matter?".
- Dark Planet Poery
Jo Walton's online anthology (mostly her own poems, with a few by other authors.) Well worth reading.
- Lynx: Poetry from Bath
One of the better poetry ezines, an excellent source of essays, poetry, and links to British poets. The editor also hosts the Long Poem Group newsletter.
- The Hyper Texts
... Where do we find the most intense, the most highly charged works in the English language? This site aims to provide them all in one spot.
- Canadian Poetry
Website for Canadian Poetry: Studies, Documents, Reviews.
International poetry and prose from Sydney, Australia.
- Victorian Poetry
Scholarly research on poetry of the Victorian era
- Beowulf to Lear: Text, Image and Hypertext
(Pace University Classroom Project)
- Words & Stuff
- Dr. David Breeden
Creative writing and British literature professor at Schreiner college; free verse Beowulf translation.
"A fortnightly column on words and wordplay."
Poetry and Ezine Indexes Up to top
- Academy of American Poets
One of the premier U.S. poetry organizations.
- HyperEpos: Epic on the Internet
About as complete a guide to epic poetry as the Internet offers.
- Peter Howard's
A poetry awards site, with many interesting links.
- Caelin Day
Directory of Poetry ezines and forums on the Internet
- John Hewitt's Writer's Resource Center
Thousands of links to information on writing, publications, ezines, etc.
- Tim Love's Literary References
Poetry and writing links page.
- Patrick Martin's Web Page: The Poetry Resource
A collection of poetry links, including poets, collections, organizations, publishers & more.
- Poem Online
Poetry forums, chat, literary search engine
- The Poetry Kit
Articles, interviews, poems, resources, and more.
- Poetry Superhighway
A particularly thorough ezine index.
Text Archives and Reference sites for the Middle Ages Up to top
- The Labyrinth: resources for Medieval studies
If you want information on medieval topics, it's here: this is a central reference with links to practically every scholarly medieval resouce on the web.
- ORB - Online Reference Book for Medieval Studies
Another extraordinary reference site for Medieval texts and information.
- the Medieval Sourcebook
(A compendium of medieval information)
- The Online Medieval and Classical Library
"A collection of some of the most important literary works of Classical
and Medieval civilization."
- NETSERF: The Internet Connection for Medieval Resources
Over a thousand links to medieval sites.
- TEAMS Middle English texts
A large collection of etexts of Middle English documents, from the Consortium for the Teaching of the Middle Ages.
- Corpus of Middle English Prose and Verse
Texts, Essays, resources on Medieval, Renaissance and 17th Century Literature
- Geoffrey Chaucer Website
Extensive information on Geoffrey Chaucer with general background on 15th Century literature.
- In Parentheses, "devoted to distributing texts, translations, and commentaries from a wide variety of areas and disciplines in an elegantly presented form
." A wide range of texts, including medieval works in a variety of languages, with excursions around the world (Japanese, Malayan, etc.)
- Medieval Literature: Poetry Net Links
- The Medieval English Narrator
- Wessex Parallel Web Texts
This is "a project which which aims to link research and teaching by producing scholarly editions freely available on the World Wide Web for student use. Its website offers an electronic anthology of Middle English works in prose and verse, together with background material for use in teaching."
- The Kalamazoo Riddle Group
Research group on Anglo-Saxon riddles.
- A Bibliography of Germanic Alliterative Meters compiled by Kari Ellen Gade and R.D. Fulk
and other matters.
Steven Mosko's personal website